Mobility, Medical Equipment and Special Services
We want everyone to enjoy their travels and are determined to do our best to make that happen. The entire OWG team is dedicated to assist you should you require mobility or medical assistance.
Notice of Special Needs
Please contact us at least 72 hours prior to departure at email@example.com to let us know about any special assistance you may require.
You also have the option to request one of our customer service agents to make the booking for you for a small fee, and they can make notes about your mobility or medical needs directly on your booking.
Personal Wheelchairs or Mobility Devices
Every traveler, regardless of the type of fare they have purchased, may check in one manual or electric wheelchair or mobility aid. This item is checked in free of charge.
This includes the following:
- Electric wheelchairs
- Scooters (size restriction may apply,
- Manually operated wheelchairs
- Walkers, canes and crutches
- Any device that assists in communication
- Any prosthesis or medical device
Travelers utilizing motorized wheelchairs must check with OWG if the batteries meet the Transportation of Dangerous Goods regulations.
We require that you notify one of our customer service agents ahead of time, to verify if we can accommodate your device. Size and weight will be restricted, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm compliance.
Battery Powered Wheelchairs and Mobility Aids
|Types of Batteries||Details||Carry-on Baggage||Checked Baggage|
|Non-Spillable Battery||Dry battery (including integrated battery)
Gel type battery
Wet (sealed, non-spillable) battery
|Not allowed||Accepted with restrictions.
|Spillable||Wet battery||Not allowed||Accepted with restrictions.
|Lithium Battery||Lithium ion battery (also abbreviated Li-ion or LiPo battery)||Accepted with restrictions.
If you require a wheelchair, we are happy to oblige. Simply advise us by contacting the OWG customer service team by email at email@example.com, at least 72 hours before your scheduled departure time.
OWG offers the following services at our airport locations:
- A manual wheelchair to get around the airport.
- An aisle wheelchair for easier transfer on board the aircraft.
- An escort to the departure gate that will keep an eye on the traveler periodically.
- A complimentary pre-boarding service for disabled persons (given that they arrive prior to the scheduled boarding time).
Visual or Hearing Impaired
Our team is dedicated to giving every traveler a great flying experience. We ask that you advise us if you are a visually, or audibly impaired person as early as possible. This way we can provide measures to accommodate you and make your flight as safe and enjoyable as possible.
Traveling with Oxygen or Other Medical Devices
Personal Oxygen Concentrators
Travelers may carry their personal oxygen concentrator on board, if approved. The following conditions must be met to obtain approval:
- The traveler is required to advise OWG that they will need to use a personal oxygen concentrator during the flight at least 48 hours before the scheduled departure time.
- The traveler needs to get medically cleared to travel by a medical professional so that OWG can determine if a safe oxygenation rate can be maintained during the flight. The clearance will have to be presented at the Check-in counter.
- The personal oxygen concentrator type has to be one that is approved by OWG.
- The personal oxygen concentrator must be clean and free of oil and/or grease.
- The traveler is required to bring spare batteries in their carry-on baggage as they will not be permitted to be transported in the checked baggage.
- The traveler must carry enough extra batteries to be able to use their personal oxygen concentrator throughout their entire itinerary. This includes connection time and check-in time. Also, please add a few hours of buffer in case of unforeseen circumstances. Please note that there is no way to recharge batteries during connection.
- The traveler must ensure that the batteries are packed away from metal objects (e.g. keys or coins) and that they are packaged to protect them from any physical damage or short circuiting.
- In addition to the carry-on baggage allowance, personal oxygen concentrators, as well as the extra batteries needed are accepted at no extra charge.
- Travelers who require a personal oxygen concentrator must check in in person as they will not be permitted to do so online.
- Liquid oxygen is forbidden on board the aircraft.
The following brands of POC’s which may be used on board commercial aircraft are:
- AirSep FreeStyle / Free Style 5
- LifeChoice POC
- AirSep Focus
- Oxylife Independence Oxygen Concentrator
- AirSep Lifestyle
- Oxus RS-00400
- Delphi RS-00400
- Precision Medical Easy Pulse
- DeVilbiss Healthcare iGo
- Respironics EverGo
- Inogen One / Inogen G2 / G3
- Respironics SimplyGo
- Inova Labs LifeChoice / Activox
- Sequal Eclipse
- Invacare XPO2 / XPO100
If you are unsure about your specific device, our customer service team can answer all of your questions. Contact us here.
Other Medical Devices
Please notify OWG if you need to transport other medical devices such as dialysis machines, CPAP machines, and other mobility aids. If the dimensions and weight permit, you may keep them with you in the overhead bin. Contact us here.
The size of your medical device must not exceed 23 cm x 40 cm x 55 cm (9 in x 15.5 in x 21.5 in) and the weight must not exceed 10 kg (22 lbs) to fit in the overhead bin.
If you have any allergies, it is your responsibility to carry the medication needed in case you develop an allergic reaction.
Please note that products sold on board OWG flights may contain allergens. We do not guarantee that the food served on-board will be allergen free (or peanut/peanut by-product free).
OWG is not responsible for other travelers who might bring peanuts or other products one might be allergic to on board, or for any residue that they might leave behind on the aircraft.
Seat Belt Extenders
Our standard seat belts measure 100 cm (approx. 40 in.). For your comfort, we offer seat belt extenders on board, personal seat belt extenders will not be accepted on board. Simply ask one of our flight attendants and they will be glad to help.