One of our points of pride at OWG, is that we never intentionally overbook flights. Despite our best efforts, on rare occasions we may have to reaccommodate you on another flight. Rest assured our primary focus is to minimmize any impact to your travel plans.
If a traveler volunteers to be reaccommodated on a later flight, OWG will detail in writing the compensation agreed upon prior to departure of said flight. The amount will be based on the duration of the delay, and the form will depend on your preference between the options presented to you at that time.
For more detailed information, you can look at our tariff.
Denied Boarding Compensation
Please refer to the guidelines below for more detailed information about denied boarding compensation:
Travelers eligible for compensation:
In case of delays or cancellations within our control and not safety-related, the following compensation amount may be claimed.
- Travelers who were denied boarding for reasons unrelated to safety and in OWG’s control.
According to CTA, the amount of compensation depends on how late the traveler arrives at the final destination, compared to the arrival time on their original itinerary.
- from 0 to 6 hours, your compensation is $900 CAD.
- from 6 to 9 hours, your compensation is $1800 CAD.
- over 9+ hours, your compensation is $2400 CAD.
Travelers not eligible for compensation:
- Travelers who were denied boarding for reasons out of OWG’s control (including, but not limited to: medical distress, missing documentation, missed check-in time, intoxication.)
- Travelers who were denied boarding for reasons related to safety and in OWG’s control.